So as I write this blog I am very excited about my prospects of learning Spanish. I do not think I will be exactly fluent by the time I leave Spain. But, I hope to have a lot better knowledge than I do now. I especially hope to improve my listening skills. It seems every time I talk to my senora, there are things she tries to say which I don't really get. In the end she uses some kind of easy word to identify what she's talking about, and I at least understand what she's talking about. Then I have to try to get what she's saying. I wear a lot of blank stares and confused looks during my interactions with Spanish speakers. I am improving at least my knowledge, so I am waiting for the day that everything suddenly clicks and I can understand more conversation.
Well, towards this goal, I have joined the Library of Andalucia (the province Granada is in) so that I can rent books and movies from it. Yesterday I rented Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring! Or, "Senor de los Anillos" in Spanish. I only got through the first hour and 15 minutes of the movie, but it was very good all the same. I figured I'd be much better off with a movie I'd seen before, and one in which there is a lot of action, so I wouldn't just be staring at people talking the whole time. It was really fun to watch a movie in Spanish, and I'm looking forward to watching more movies in Spanish. Another great thing is having Spanish subtitles. It is so easy to get so lost when listening just to words. But when I have the words in front of me, and can listen at the same time, I can try to hear how different words sound in the fastness of the sentances. It was really fun, and I'm looking forward to watching a ton of movies in Spanish.
I will end the blog now, and will have a lot more to say next time, as we are going to Seville this weekend as our first other-city excursion!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment